We had an excellent time at the cabin this year. The kids love being outside, playing in the river, and getting as dirty as possible. We checked almost everything off our list.
2. Shopping. We needed these glasses.
3. Canoeing. I ask Carly to take our picture. Totally nailed it.
4. Letting the grand kids drive. We even invented a new game called, everyone stand up in the car while the driver slams on the breaks. It is only slightly less dangerous than the game called, put your kids in a box and let them slide down the stairs. I don’t know what happens when Carianne is around. She turns me into such a terrible mother.
5. Putting on a play. Grandpa is so good to play and imagine with these kids. This specific play was called, “The Boxcar Children Celebrate Christmas”. Grandpa is always Henry, Kate is Jessie or is it Violet? I can’t remember. Peter is Benny. Emmie is whichever Kate isn’t.
6. Feeding the fish at Big Springs. When I was a kid this river was filled to the brim with huge trout. I don’t think we even saw one! I did hear from someone that they are all under the bridge and only come out if you feed them craft singles. We’ll try that next time.
7. Going to the Playmill. We saw Mary Poppins and loved it. We ate fudge and left very happy.
8. Yellowstone. The kids competed in the “animal Olympics”. They had different stations where they had to see how they compared to what animals could do. I think this specific station was see how far you can jump compared to a rabbit. Kate won.
9. Ice cream at Old Faithful Lodge. We went out to play while grandma went in the shops.
10. Getting the Yellowstone junior ranger badge. They upgraded to patches-way cooler than the badge.
11. Experiencing the mud pots. P.U.
12. Campfire/Smores/hot dog roast
13. Fireworks. We had just celebrated the 24th of July and bought some fireworks before we came up. Come to find out, lighting them off was illegal. Don’t worry, we didn’t start any forest fires.
14. River float. Not as big as the floats in the past but just as fun… and cold.
15. Rock painting. Every year we add a rock to the rock garden.
16. Face painting. This was new this year. Grandma has been practicing her face painting skills.
17. Getting on the river. There is nothing more peaceful, unless you have 3 other kids in the canoe with you complaining and worrying about tipping over.